Peanut Butter Thumbprints
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
About 1/2 cups Smucker's® Seedless Strawberry Jam
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg just until blended.
- STIR flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until blended. Beat into peanut butter mixture at low speed just until blended.
- PLACE sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. Roll in sugar to coat completely. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- BAKE 5 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven. Immediately press centers of cookies with back of measuring teaspoon to form an indentation. Bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes or until edges are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven. Immediately reshape indentations as necessary. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- STIR jam until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon jam into center of each warm cookie. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.