Peanut Butter Secrets
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
About 42 unwrapped miniature peanut butter cup candies
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, sugar and 1/2 cup peanut butter in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- STIR flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until blended. Beat into shortening mixture just until blended. Form 1 rounded teaspoonful dough around each peanut butter cup until completely enclosed. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until glaze is smooth when stirred. Spoon over tops on cookies, spreading with back of spoon. Let stand until set.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.