Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
3 large eggs
3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups slightly crushed crisp rice cereal
Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in peanut butter and eggs.
- COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended.
- SHAPE dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in cereal. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press tip of little finger halfway down in center of ball but do not flatten. Fill indentation with about 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.