Fudgy Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake® refrigerated peanut butter cookies
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Fisher® Honey Roasted Peanuts, coarsely ground*
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE FILLING
1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/3 cups Domino® or C&H® Confectioners Powdered Sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons whipping (heavy) cream
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Mix in 1 cup of the peanuts. Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray, or line with cooking parchment paper. Shape dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness with lightly floured metal spatula or drinking glass. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool 1 minute. Stir in powdered sugar. When cool enough to handle, knead filling several times until powdered sugar is thoroughly blended. Shape into log, about 9 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Cut into 18 (1/2-inch) slices, reshaping slices into round shape if necessary. Cover with plastic wrap; set aside.
- When ready to assemble cookies, place 1 filling slice on bottom of 1 cookie; top with another cookie, bottom side down, and press together slightly. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring twice, until melted. Spoon heaping 1 teaspoonful on top of each cookie. Sprinkle with remaining ground peanuts. Let stand 10 minutes or until ganache is set. Store tightly covered in single layer at room temperature.
- *To grind peanuts, place in food processor bowl with metal blade. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until coarsely ground.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
Domino is the registered trademark of American Sugar Refining, Inc. Yonkers, NY 10750
C&H is a registered trademark of C&H Sugar Company, Crockett, CA
Serving Size (1/18), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.