Holiday Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Red and/or green decorator sugar
- 48 foil-wrapped striped chocolate or milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 350°F.
- Step 2
BEAT shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Step 3
BEAT in egg, milk and vanilla until blended. Stir flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until blended. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- Step 4
PLACE each color of decorator sugar in small bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in decorator sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Step 5
BAKE 10 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Top each cookie with chocolate kiss. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.