Curried Peanut Soup
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 20 Min
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped celery
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- Step 1
HEAT butter in a 4-quart saucepot. Sauté carrot, onion and celery until tender. Remove from heat and blend in flour.
- Step 2
ADD curry powder, salt, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, peanut butter and evaporated milk. Puree mixture in batches using a blender or food processor.
- Step 3
RETURN soup to pot; bring to boil. Simmer until thickened. Stir in fresh parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional parsley.