Bird's Nest Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- CHOCOLATE BANANA CUPCAKES
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups original pancake mix
- OR 2 cups original pancake & waffle mix
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Assorted small speckled jelly beans
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 325°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Step 2
BEAT eggs, bananas, oil, water and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add pancake mix, sugar, cocoa and salt. Beat until smooth. Fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- Step 3
BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Step 4
BEAT frosting, peanut butter and milk in medium bowl with electric mixer until blended. Spread on cooled cupcakes. Place coconut in small bowl. Dip frosted top of each cupcake in coconut to cover. Make a rounded indentation on the top of each cupcake, using the back of a small spoon, to form a nest. Arrange 5 to 6 jelly beans in each nest.