Amish-Style Peanut Butter Spread
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons breakfast syrup
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation maple flavoring
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
- Unpeeled apple slices or sliced bread
- Step 1
COMBINE brown sugar, water and syrup in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour into medium bowl. Cool completely.
- Step 2
ADD peanut butter, marshmallow creme and maple flavoring, if desired, to syrup mixture. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Step 3
SPOON spread into serving dish. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread on apple slices or sliced bread.