The Jif® team believes that every person, place, family and community has the potential to thrive when nurtured. We also believe in doing our part to help.
That means not only providing nourishing food and snacks, but also operating responsibly, sustainably and generously — caring for the environment, treating farmers well and helping those in need.
So every time you savor a spoonful of Jif peanut butter, sink your teeth into a Jif Power Ups® snack or dig into a Jif Poppers® bag, you can feel good knowing that you’re helping to spread some good, too.
The Jif brand is passionate about delivering high-quality products and doing the right thing. But sometimes, the “right thing” is a tough nut to crack. So we’ve committed to specific, actionable guidelines and goals to keep us accountable. Below are just a few examples.
Environmental Goals to Reach by 2020
- Divert 95% of waste from landfills to alternative uses
- Reduce water use intensity by 15%
- Reduce GHG emissions intensity by 10%
Ethical Palm Oil Purchasing Principles, Policies and Procedures
- No development in high-carbon stock forest areas or high-conservation-value areas.
- No burning to clear land for new planting or replanting.
Protecting Peat Lands
- No new development on peat lands, regardless of depth.
- Apply Best Management Practices for existing plantations on peat lands and explore options for restoration when feasible.
Fostering Positive Impacts on Human and Community Rights
- Respect and support the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Respect and recognize the rights of all workers.
- Facilitate the inclusion of smallholders in the supply chain.
- Prohibit the use of forced and child labor and human trafficking.
- Respect land tenure rights, including the rights of indigenous and local communities to give or withhold their free, prior and informed consent to all new development or operations on lands to which they hold legal, communal or customary rights.
- Resolve all verifiable complaints and conflicts through an open, transparent and consultative process.
Global Supplier Code of Conduct
We only work with direct suppliers who contractually agree to labor standards that protect human rights. We also use social compliance audits to help ensure our suppliers’ practices are aligned with our Basic Beliefs.
For more information on our commitments to people and the planet, please see our Corporate Responsibility Report.
For more information about our parent company, visit www.jmsmucker.com.
Proud partner of the Boys & Girls Club of America
The Jif brand has been around for a long time. Our peanut butter and snack offerings continue to grow and evolve so that we can serve you better.
Meanwhile, our business operations and other initiatives keep improving, too, so we can protect the environment and nourish the greater good.