- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 small unpeeled red potatoes, diced
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Simply Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits or minced cooked bacon
- Hot pepper sauce
- MELT butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STIR in flour until blended. Stir in chicken broth, corn and potatoes. Cover and simmer over low heat 15 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, peanut butter, paprika, coriander and salt, pepper and bacon bits, if desired, until blended. Simmer over low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with hot pepper sauce to taste, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.