- 1/4 cup Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
Or 1/4 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Jif® Omega-3 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 (16 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pita chips
- PLACE canola or olive oil, peanut butter, chickpeas, lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir in parsley.
- SERVE with additional olive oil and pita chips.
- Can also be used as a dip for fresh raw vegetables.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe,l abt 2 T), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 2g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Peanut Butter Hummus
Great for a Family Snack!
I made this recipe origionally as a dip for Rosh Hashana, to go with our apples. Everyone in the family liked it so much we ended up eating it on sandwiches, crackers and a few times I caught people taking it from the bowl. My son took it to daycare and the kids ate it all. Today someone mentioned it making it again. Use the food processor it is quick and easy.