- 1 1/2 cups Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- COMBINE peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on LOW until blended. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended. Beat in additional powdered sugar until mixture, when shaped into a ball, will stay on a toothpick. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate.
- PLACE chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Reheat as needed while coating peanut butter balls.
- INSERT toothpick in peanut butter ball. Dip 3/4 of ball into chocolate, leaving top uncovered to resemble a buckeye. Remove excess. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until firm.
- SPICY BUCKEYES: ADD 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper with peanut butter mixture in step 1.
Continue recipe as directed.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie of 60), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.