- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 48 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CREAM together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- TOP each cookie immediately with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
My go to recipe for Peanut Butter Blossoms!
This cookie is perfect and bring a smile to everyone's face! Great for home, family, friends, kids and gift giving!
This recipe is great for holidays, cookie exchanges, etc.
Our family has made this recipe for decades. The cookies always look great and everyone loves them. It is important not to overbake these cookies and to place the kisses in the cookie as fast as possible. We push the kisses in the cookie until we feel some resistance otherwise the kisses tend to fall out.