- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsps. Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brown sugar, peanut butter and shortening in large bowl. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in oats with spoon. Mix until well blended. Stir in water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- PRESS half the dough into bottom of prepared pan; spread preserves over dough. Flatten small amounts of remaining dough between hands. Place on preserves and arrange so dough sections touch. Fill in any spaces with dough so preserves are completely covered.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and edges are slightly brown. Do not overbake. Cut into 2 1/2 X 2-inch bars.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 bar of 22), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.