- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes or until set and just lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 of 36 cookies), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
THE BEST pb cookie recipe!
I always receive compliments when I bring these to parties. I have tried many recipes for basic peanut butter cookies. This one is easy and the most delish. The ingredients make this cookie so good. The only substitution I would recommend is butter flavored shortening. I only use whole or 2% milk when baking. Skim affects dough texture. Also use real vanilla extract instead of imitation. It makes a difference. Follow the instructions exactly, do not over bake, and you will be happy with the results.