- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups butterscotch-flavored chips
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips
- Chopped peanuts or chocolate candy bits
- COMBINE shortening, peanut butter and butterscotch chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute. Stir. Repeat until smooth and melted.
- COMBINE corn flakes with hot butterscotch mixture in large bowl. Stir with spoon until flakes are coated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- SPOON scant 1/4 cup of mixture into mounds on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and chocolate candy bits. Refrigerate until firm.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 haystack of 36), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.