- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT SAUCE
- 1 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh gingeroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- WASH, trim and pound chicken to flatten to a consistent thickness.
- MIX brown sugar, peanut butter, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl to make marinade.
- PLACE chicken in a shallow dish (or food storage bag). Cover with marinade. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature or as long as overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook: HEAT grill. Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cayenne in a heavy saucepan to make peanut sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 15 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in chicken stock and cream. Cook 1 minute more, whisking. Keep warm while grilling chicken.
- REMOVE chicken from marinade and place on hot grill. Grill 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until browned and no longer pink in center.
- SPOON peanut sauce over hot chicken and sprinkle with cilantro.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 13g), Sodium 890mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 7g), Protein 38g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.