- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- HEAT butter in a 4-quart saucepot. Sauté carrot, onion and celery until tender. Remove from heat and blend in flour.
- ADD curry powder, salt, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, peanut butter and evaporated milk. Puree mixture in batches using a blender or food processor.
- RETURN soup to pot; bring to boil. Simmer until thickened. Stir in fresh parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional parsley.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 13g), Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.