- ENCHILADA SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can vegetable broth
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups crumbled queso cotija
Or 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 8 corn tortillas
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced green onions
- FOR SAUCE: Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour, stirring frequently, until mixture is bubbly and turns light brown. Remove from heat. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and black pepper, stirring until spices are fragrant. Return pan to heat. Whisk in peanut butter, cooking until melted. Blend in broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes over low heat. Add additional chili powder to taste, if desired.
- FOR ENCHILADAS: Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with no-stick spray. Ladle 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over bottom of casserole. Combine 1 cup cheese, garlic, chiles, beans and corn in a medium bowl.
- FILL each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and bean mixture, roll up and place seam side down in casserole. Repeat with remaining tortillas placing them side by side. Ladle remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Garnish with sliced black olives and sliced green onions, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 800 (Calories from Fat 420), Total Fat 47g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 2460mg, Total Carbohydrate 72g (Dietary Fiber 13g, Sugars 12g), Protein 32g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 50%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.