- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
Or Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with a no-stick cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- STIR together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine egg, milk and oil in small bowl. Add liquids to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter evenly among cups.
- COMBINE sugar, flour, peanut butter and salt in small bowl, mixing with fork until crumbly. Divide topping over muffins. Lightly stir into muffin with knife.
- BAKE 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan to rack to cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Brunch Peanut Butter Muffins
I made these but used 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar with 2 eggs. tasted much better. and looked beautiful. I also tried making it into a bread came out fantastic and is extremely wonderful with Jam.
I made these last night so my husband could take these to work and thank goodness he tried one before he left for work. He said these were awful, no flavor at all, sort of gummy tasting and dry. If someone could look over this recipe to see what is missing regarding flavor, it just seems a major ingredent is missing. I was concerned about the ratio of 2 cups flour to 2 T of sugar. Although mine did look just as pictured.