- 1 (18.4 oz.) ounce Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, plus additional for garnish
- HAZELNUT BUTTERCREAM
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- For Brownies: HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and eggs. Stir in 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts. Divide batter evenly into baking cups.
- BAKE 30 to 32 minutes or until centers are set. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire racks.
- For Frosting: BEAT shortening, butter and chocolate hazelnut spread in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and 1 tablespoon milk. Beat slowly until combined. Beat on high, 3 to 5 minutes, adding an additional 1 tablespoon milk at a time to desired consistency.
- FROST cupcakes by placing frosting into corner of resealable plastic bag. Cut 1/2-inch off corner of bag. Starting at outside edge, work in circular motion to build up frosting moving towards center, creating a swirl effect. Sprinkle with reserved chopped hazelnuts.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (Abt 2 T), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 44g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.