- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Simply Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- HEAT oil in a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until crumbly and no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- STIR in peanut butter and brown sugar until combined. Add tomato sauce; simmer for 5 minutes.
- ADD beans. Heat an additional 3-4 minutes, until heated through. Spoon into bowls and top with cilantro and chips.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1470mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 10g, Sugars 11g), Protein 32g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 8%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.