- 1 whole wheat or regular medium-sized pita bread pocket
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter, plus extra for garnish
- 1 to 2 tubes strawberry-banana squeezable yogurt
- 4 to 6 slices fresh banana
- 2 to 3 strawberries, diced
- GARNISH OPTIONS
- Slices of bananas, strawberries, grapes, cherries, oranges, apples
- CUT crescent shape out of one end of the pita with kitchen shears to form purse opening. Fill pastry bag with peanut butter, or cut small hole in one corner of small plastic food storage bag; add peanut butter to bag. Squeeze peanut butter into pita opening. Squeeze yogurt into pita pocket on top of peanut butter. Add bananas and strawberries.
- PLACE sandwich on one side of plate, with opening facing center. Squeeze extra peanut butter in a semi-circle arc from one end of purse opening to the other, making the purse handle. Decorate top of purse with more peanut butter, if desired, and fruit.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 sandwich), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 530mg, Total Carbohydrate 71g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 23g), Protein 17g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.