- DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- SANDWICH MIX
- 3 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely diced apple
- Celery sticks and apple slices for dipping
- COMBINE all dipping sauce ingredients in small saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring with a wire whisk. When the mixture starts to bubble and thicken, remove from heat and let cool. While sauce is cooling, proceed to next step.
- ROLL four slices of bread flat with a rolling pin. Use a large round cookie cutter to cut each slice of bread into a circle. Mix sandwich mix ingredients together in small bowl. Place a tablespoon of mix into the center of each bread circle.
- FOLD bread in half so each sandwich is now a half circle. Crimp edges of the sandwich together with fingers so the mix will not come out. Then, while holding the center of the sandwich, pull the sides of the sandwich down so the edges touch each other, forming a fortune cookie shape.
- CUT small plastic strips from a clean plastic lid from a tub of butter, yogurt, or sour cream for fortunes. Write fortunes on the blank side using permanent marker. Tuck the edge of the fortune into the edge of each cookie sandwich.
- TRANSFER cooled dipping sauce to small serving bowl. Place on plate with sandwiches, celery sticks and apple slices.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 sandwich of 4), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.