- 2 (12 oz.) cans PET® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- HEAT 1 can evaporated milk in medium saucepan over medium heat to 175°F. Whisk eggs, sugar and salt in medium bowl until well blended. Gradually whisk about one-third of hot milk into egg mixture. Return mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°F. Remove the custard from heat.
- WHISK peanut butter into custard mixture until smooth. Stir in chocolate syrup, vanilla and remaining can of evaporated milk until well blended. Fill a large bowl about halfway with ice cubes and very cold water. Set a 2-quart bowl inside the large bowl. Pour ice cream mixture into the 2-quart bowl. Stir until very cold, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- FREEZE in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Pack frozen mixture into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe, abt 1/2 c), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.