- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can petite cut diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup spicy hot 100% vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Reduced Fat Peanut Butter Spread
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until softened. Add curry powder and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- RESERVE 1/2 cup chicken broth. Add remaining chicken broth, diced tomatoes and vegetable juice to saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Whisk together 1/2 cup reserved chicken broth and cornstarch. Add to soup, stirring until thickened. Add peanut butter; whisk until blended. Stir in cilantro. Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/8 about 3/4 c soup), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.