- 3 pounds MacIntosh or other cooking apples (about 5 large), peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Jif® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, for garnish
- COMBINE apples and water in 3-quart saucepan. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are fork tender.
- ADD honey, peanut butter and cinnamon. Mash with potato masher until desired consistency. Pour into serving bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6 1/2 cup), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 39g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.