- 1/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic chile pepper sauce, or to taste*
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds large raw shrimp (21 to 25 count), thawed if frozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1 medium red pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- Prepared yellow curry jasmine rice*
- BLEND peanut butter, sweet orange marmalade, Dijon mustard, curry powder and garlic chili pepper sauce in blender container or food processor. Stir in cilantro. Combine shrimp and 1/4 cup curry sauce in medium bowl mixing until well-coated. Marinate 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining curry sauce.
- COAT grill grate or broiler pan with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill or broiler. Thread shrimp on skewers alternating with red pepper.
- GAS GRILL: Grill kabobs 3 to 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. BROILER: Place kabobs about 5 inches from broiler element. Broil first side 5 minutes. Turn. Broil 3 to 5 minutes longer or to desired doneness. Serve kabobs on a bed of jasmine rice drizzled with remaining curry sauce.
- Garlic chile pepper sauce and yellow curry jasmine rice are available in the International aisle at grocery stores.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 260mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 27g), Protein 40g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 10%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Grilled Curry Shrimp
It's a family favorite! The shrimp is moist, very flavorful yet not overpowering. The peanut flavor added to the entire dish. We will be making this very often.