- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup milk
- Snipped chives
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- MELT butter in medium saucepan. Cook celery and onion until onion is tender, but not browned. Stir in flour and cook about one minute.
Whisk in chicken broth, cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- REMOVE from heat. Puree mixture in batches, in a blender, until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- ADD the peanut butter and milk, stirring to blend thoroughly. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with snipped chives and chopped peanuts, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/12 1/2 cup), Calories 160, Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.