- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
Or Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Jelly beans or other egg-shaped candies
- BREAK noodles into smaller pieces in large bowl, using your hands. Combine sugar and syrup in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is melted and edges begin to bubble. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over noodles and toss to coat.
- TEST temperature carefully. With slightly buttered hands, form mixture into tight balls using approximately 1/4 cup mixture per ball. Make indention in center of each ball to resemble a bird’s nest. Place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely.
- PLACE two or three jelly beans or other egg-shaped candies into each nest.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/14 1 nest), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 14g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.