Thank goodness for mothers! The world is a far better place thanks to them! Start Mom's day with a delicious breakfast, served on a beautiful tray. Whether you deliver her breakfast in bed, in the yard or in the kitchen, today is the day to make it extra special, just for her! We've pulled together some simple tips to create a breakfast tray that she'll never forget:
- Line a sturdy, rimmed tray with pretty wrapping paper, wallpaper remnants or a colorful cloth napkin.
- Add a small pot of flowers that Mom can plant in the garden later (or, give a nod to how she watched you grow by including seed packets of "future flowers" tied with a pretty bow).
- If a green thumb is not in your skill set (and because she's always loved your art work!) make a big bouquet of tissue paper flowers in fanciful hues. (See below to learn how to make them!)
- Whether Mom drinks coffee or tea, make it extra special today. Tie a ribbon around the handle of her favorite mug and top her coffee with a dollop of whipped cream, garnished with shaved chocolate. Serve fresh mint, lemon wedges and honey with her tea.
- Make her a breakfast that's fit for a queen. From muffins to coffeecakes, pancakes to strudel, browse the recipes at Jif.com for delicious breakfast treats that will make Mom's day!