Start a sweet tradition with your family and friends! Host an annual Cookie Exchange for an evening of fun, friendship and cookies! Here's how:
- Create a guest list and send out invitations well in advance—your guests will want to have time to bake their cookies!
- Ask each guest to bring their favorite holiday cookies, plus a container to take home the cookies they swap.
- Keep the math simple. The number of cookies each guest brings is the number they take home. Let each guest know how many cookies to bring.
- Serve a simple meal of soup or chili before the swap begins.
- Keep in mind that the array of cookies will be inviting! Ask each guest to bring an additional dozen and create a "tasting tray" to nibble during the swap.
- For a memorable keepsake, gather all of the recipes in advance and create "cookie cookbooks" for your friends and family.